The Museum was established by Wylie volunteers in 1981, it is housed in the “Wyalkatchem Railway & CBH Precinct (Heritage Council Reserve 15755) with both the collection and display buildings growing rapidly since its inception.

By preserving the quickly fading agricultural heritage of the Central Wheatbelt, the Museum stands as an important legacy for future generations with the most comprehensive display of farming and rural life in the Central Wheatbelt.

Museum In 2009 Original Bin Under Construction In The 1930's
Museum 2009 Museum Under Construction In The 1930’s

Our facility provides a wonderful destination for all the family – whatever the weather – there is something for everyone. From diesel tractors to stationary engines and seeders, the museum’s agricultural artifacts trace the story of our farmers as they worked the land. Agricultural tools and machinery in the collections range from a rare fully restored “1914 Waterloo Boy” to 20th century cultivators and harvesters.

Persons of Note: We feel it is important to remember members of our community who have made the Wyalkatchem area what it is today; who are these people?

Persons of note are the ones we meet every day, unassuming but in essence the core of country life with a strength of determination and volunteering spirit that they and we often take for granted; they don’t wish to be big noted but have added value to our community in many ways.

HISTORY – You can Help: Our community is working towards a Wyalkatchem history database in relation to families, times, where they lived, homes, farms and peoples involvement in our past.

Family names, many having been residents in Wylie for up to 100 years include Elsegood, Jones, de Pierres, Holdsworth, Begley, Garn, Garner, Bookham, Brennan, Bruse, Crute, Gamble, Davies, Dickson, Eaton, Maitland, Metcalf, McNee, Pearse, Pease, Ryan, Butt, Reilly, Sutherland, Trenordan, Tyler, Stratford, Ward, Wood.

If you can add to our history database we would appreciate photos and information of the families who have lived here over the years!

Museum Entry in 2009 Museum In The 1980’s